I've been trying to install Moodle for a few days now and been searching this forum and the internet for a solution on the permissions on the dataroot folder. Here's the setup:
- Server is Ubuntu with virtual host. I have SSH access
- Moodle is 3.8
- Dataroot is located at /var/moodledata/
- Access rights on moodledata is set to 0777
- Ownership on moodledata is user web12 and group client1 as specified by ISPconfig where the host has been created. I've also tried with user/group www-data without any luck
- I tried to install Moodle through web-installer but couldn't pass the "paths" step. It told me that the dataroot-folder wasn't writable. Then i tried to install Moodle through commandline CLI and after quite a few attempts i succeeded. Anyway that's what the script told me, but when i call the wwwroot in a browser i get the error:
Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.
- I've been studying config.php closely and everything seems to be as it should.
$CFG->dataroot is set to '/var/moodledata/'
$CFG->directorypermissions = 02777
Anyone in here who can help me please?