Repeating, duplicate multilang "long tags"

Repeating, duplicate multilang "long tags"

Jacques LeCavalier-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 4

Hi, there.

We're using Moodle 3.4. The multilang tags have been working well for us, as more and more of our online course platforms become bilingual.

The one annoying issue we have is that when we add the usual short multilang tags - {mlang en} - to an HTML page, new "long tags" - e.g.,  <span class="multilang-begin mceNonEditable" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> - seem to get created everytime we edit the HTML.

So we end up with longer and longer HTML code with an ever-increasing number of these repeating, duplicate "span" tags.

Does anyone know a way to prevent this from happening?

Many thanks.
Jacques

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Jacques LeCavalier

Re: Repeating, duplicate multilang "long tags"

Visvanath Ratnaweera-mit -
Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga

Hi Jacques

What is the editor people use on your site, Atto? TinyMCE?

I svar til Visvanath Ratnaweera

Jacques LeCavalier-mit -
Hi, Visvanath.

Thanks for the quick response. We're still using TinyMCE. I see a "Clean up messy code" function in the editor, would this remove the superfluous tags?
Or should we stop using this no longer supported editor?...

Regards,
Jacques
I svar til Jacques LeCavalier

Visvanath Ratnaweera-mit -
Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga

Hi Jaques

I create once a while multi-lang content. The WYSIWYG thing is a major obstacle for me. That is why I have "Plain text area" as my default editor. The problem with the "long tags" is that it uses the same brackets as HTML and WYSIWYG editors "purify" them. The curly braces of the short syntax is more robust. BTW, do you have both?

So ultimately this could be an editor issue. Recently noticed that Atto completely discarded the p-tag and went for HTML-to-CSS or some such class and double br-tags for para separation. trist

Since I avoid this GUI business I am the wrong person to discuss this. Hope somebody more knowledgable will jump in.

I svar til Visvanath Ratnaweera

Jacques LeCavalier-mit -
Thanks for the additional comments, Visvanath.

I only ever enter the short (curly brackets) multi-lang tags, either in the WYSIWYG or the HTML part of the editor. The "long" tags just get added by the editor.

Perhaps someone else will jump in who's deal with this too.

JL