How to remove navigation drop down and arrows at bottom

How to remove navigation drop down and arrows at bottom

by Milt Friedman -
Number of replies: 4

I have been trying to solve this problem for some time.

I have a Moodle installation on Google Cloud, using Boost theme, with Onetopic format.

I would really, really like to remove the navigation buttons and dropdown at the bottom of the activity pages (shown above) as they lead users astray. I have tried css edits and file edits but I haven't come across one that works. 

Any help welcome. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Milt Friedman

Re: How to remove navigation drop down and arrows at bottom

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you can customize the theme then create a subdirectory of templates directory name core_course and add an empty file named activity_navigation.mustache. That will completely that will override the renderer template to remove elements entirely.

To use CSS instead add

.activity-navigation {
    display: none;
}
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Milt Friedman -

I tried the CSS (in Boost) without success. Tried both boxes. Do I need to restart moodle or something?

I am willing to try to create the empty activity_navigation.mustache, but I'm sure where to put it. Is this the right folder:

/opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/theme/boost/templates/core_form?

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Milt Friedman -

Or this location?

/opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/course/templates

In reply to Milt Friedman

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You would create /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/theme/boost/templates/core_course/activity_navigation.mustache. You may need to create the core_course directory first.

Are you sure you have Boost theme selected and not a child theme? The CSS should work unless there are some errors or conflicts with some other custom CSS.