BigBlueButton 1 hour session limit

BigBlueButton 1 hour session limit

by Valentyna Fadieienko -
Number of replies: 4

Since global COVID-19 quarantine started, BigBlueButton sessions are limited to duration of 1 hour (we are on Starter subscription if this matters).

We have some weekend lessons that are 2 hours long, and it is very annoying for everyone to reconnect in the middle.

I was able to find a statement from BigBlueButton developer that:

=====

There is no default time limit on BigBlueButton conferences or recordings. You can optionally configure a time limit by setting a parameter on the create call.

Note that this applies to the open-source BigBlueButton only. Companies that host BigBlueButton for you may set limits - you'll have to ask them about that.

=====

How could this be solved? There are no such parameters in course or activity settings.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valentyna Fadieienko

Re: BigBlueButton 1 hour session limit

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You are referring to two things based on the same source code. You appear to be using an installation of BigBlueButton hosted by someone other than yourselves. If you were to download the code and host it yourself you could run it without any limitations. However that would be a great deal of time trouble and effort and you would be better off finding the cost of some other plan that did not limit you.

Disclaimer: I have never installed BBB, don't run it myself, but have met the main person behind it who is awesome.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Valentyna Fadieienko -
Marcus, thanks for the answer but did you notice that this topic is in Moodlecloud part of the forum? So the question relates to BBB hosted by Moodle themselves.
In reply to Valentyna Fadieienko

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
My apologies, no I didn't. Ideally the people who manage Moodle cloud will respond here, thought you would be as well to contact them directly.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Gabriel Dugand -

Hi 

I need help with BBB. I have installed it in my own server but when you do the installation it does not limit the call time as the DEMO. I need to be able to find where I set limits for this calls. I need it for 60 minutes as the Demo.

Any ideas or information about this?

Thanks