Basic Queries - Horizontal, Blank Option...

Basic Queries - Horizontal, Blank Option...

by Mark Mcnulty -
Number of replies: 2

Hi...

Would really appreciate any tips on some issues with a choice I'm trying to make for my 'lockdown' school in the UK.

My issues are shown on attached screenshot:

1. The display mode is set to horizontal - but my options display vertically
  2. I have an additional 'blank' option - even though Option 4 is definitely unused
  3. I would really like to hide this automated message about when results will be displayed

Many thanks in advance for any help - I'd really like to get this format to work as a regular bit of fun for our students.

Mark

Choice screenshot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Mcnulty

Re: Basic Queries - Horizontal, Blank Option...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Mark. 

(1)Do you know which version of Moodle you have? There was a problem when the horizontal display didn't display horizontally but it was fixed a while ago. 

(2) I would go back into editing the choice and select and delete the blank space in option 4 just in case there is anything hidden. However I am also curious as to why you have bullet points next to your choice options - that is not the case for Choices in the standard Moodle theme.

(3) I don't know how to get rid of the message, sorry, although individuals can click on it to remove it. Is that the case with yours? I am wondering if the bullet points are due to a non-standard theme?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Basic Queries - Horizontal, Blank Option...

by Mark Mcnulty -

Thanks for advice, Mary.

Seems  will need to check out version/theme issues.

Much appreciated,

Mark