the HP modifications in Moodle

the HP modifications in Moodle

by henny jellema -
Number of replies: 4
Well, Gordon, it all came back and I fixed a few potatoes in www.hennyjellema.nl/moodle but my modifications don't come with it. Are modifications ( the beautiful ones from Agnès Simonet, for instance) not possible in Moodle? Hgv. Henny
Average of ratings: -
In reply to henny jellema

Re: the HP modifications in Moodle

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Henny,

Which version of Hot Potatoes are you using?
Which modifications are you referring to?

Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by henny jellema -
Dag Gordon,
Yes, in the meantime I understand it can be the version. This is made with HP7; the modification is FIND-it; orginally from Michael Rottmeier and updated by Agnès Simonet. This is the potatoe:
https://static.digischool.nl/oefenen/hennyjellema/luisteren/steensoep/kortezinnen/lezen-01.htm
The whole idea is to listen very carefully to a natural spoken text.
Students listen and if they do that correctly they will see in the written text a word that they don't hear. They have to click on that word. The first "too-much-word" is "zieke" and after that the word "snel" should be clicked on.
I have in "real-pro-corna-life" ( that wil say with a piece of paper for the students and me pre-reading and making fun/jokes) very good progresses with this kind of exercise, because the focus is very strong on the listening. For a second language learner the biggest problem is often, that the native speaker speaks too fast.
Hartelijke groet,
Henny
Haarlem, The Netherlands
In reply to henny jellema

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Henny,

currently, the HotPot module does not work with HP7 exercises, so you can either either redo your exercises with HP6, or you can wait a few months until I have completed the work required to allow the HotPot module to recognize and administer HP7 exercises.

Kind regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by henny jellema -
Dag Gordon,
Thank you very much for your - as always, I rememeber! smile) - so kind reply.
Hgv, Henny
Haarlem, The Netherlands.