formulas question type & moodle 3.8

formulas question type & moodle 3.8

by Dino Galante -
Number of replies: 2

The plugin "formulas question type" seems not available for recent version of moodle (3.6, 3.7, 3.8). Despite it is designed for moodle 2.9 to 3.5 , is it possible to install this plugin in moodle 3.8? Have you got any idea?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dino Galante

Re: formulas question type & moodle 3.8

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Dino,
Any time I run into this situation, such as will the forumlas question type work in Moodle 3.8, I go to the plugins download page, click on the link for, Stats, then scroll down the page until I see the Pie Chart for, Sites using this plugin by Moodle version. Hover your mouse over each part of the pie chart. In this case, currently you will see there are 116 Moodle 3.8 sites using the plugin, 129 Moodle 3.7 sites, and 70 Moodle 3.6 sites using it. That's 315 sites that are using it and it must be working for them as there are NO complaints about it being broken. At that point, I install on a development server and play with it to make sure it will work in my situation. Note, I use a Raspberry Pi4 running MoodleBox because if I trash it, I can re-image the memory card in just a few minutes without messing up my primary server.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)