Moodle app notifications not sent to devices consistently

Moodle app notifications not sent to devices consistently

by James Pearce -
Number of replies: 0

I have recently been configuring our site to work with the Moodle app. 

We have 9 users who are testing the messaging and notifications on the site and how they appear on phones via the mobile app. We have been testing direct messaging, forum notifications and assignment notifications. These have been enabled for the course and each user has enabled these for both online and offline options.

Notifications for direct messaging works for all users. Forum post and digest notifications generally work for all users but some don't get them. Assignment notifications for due time only work for one or two of the testers. So notifications seem very inconsistent between users. We have a mix of Android and iOS devices being tested and there is no correlation between os and notifications working or not.

I have registered the site with the app portal at https://apps.moodle.com/ I have got the air notifier key for the sites I've added to the portal account. The cron tasks are set to run for Background processing for messaging, Forum mailings and maintenance jobs and Send calendar notifications, they are set to run every minute, the server limits cron to run a mximum of every 10 minutes. 

I have defined a set of preferences (assignment notifications - mobile - online and offline, Subscribed forum posts - mobile - online and offline, Subscribed forum digests - mobile - online and offline) to be set within the app. Users have allowed the app to display notifications within the os settings. So users are all using a consistent setup but get different notifications. 

As users get some notifications, I'm sure the server settings are correctly configured. The users are all using the same set of preferences so I'm not sure why notifications work inconsistenly. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can investigate?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)