What is "assignments files" and "solutions files"

by Joko Christian -
Number of replies: 3

This question might sound silly, if it is, I beg your pardon, but I can't seem to find a documentation about it.
in the assignment edit page (teachers view), inside the "Submission types" group, and below "Accepted file types" there are 2 field: 

1. Assignment files
  2. Solution files

each with file upload user interface. When I try to upload file, it can receive them, and (the edit page) can be saved. but return to editing reveals the file(s) are missing (empty file upload user interface).  The file upload mechanism is operational, Uploading additional files in "general" group works normal, after save and re-edit, it still shows.

submission types config group

submission types assignment file help

submission types solution file help

Assuming there's not "missing file problem", where does this shown to students?, Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joko Christian

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
What version of Moodle are you using? This screenshot looks like you have a 3rd party plugin installed. Check with your Moodle administrator to see what plugin this is -- then you can check the Moodle Plugin directory and contact the developer for support.
In reply to Joko Christian

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
i think I found the plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/assignment_random
My guess is that you put in a zip file of student worksheets in one box and a zip file of teacher answer keys in the box. the numbering of the files will link the student sheet to the teacher answer key. When a student attempts the assignment, it will randomly assign a worksheet (from the zip file). When the teacher grades the assignment, they will see the corresponding answer-key so they know how to answer the student submitted worksheet.

There is a Moodle doc set up by the developer here: https://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Random_assignment
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: What is "assignments files" and "solutions files"

by Joko Christian -
Thank you for your answer/information, very appreciated