Recipients of a custom certificate are not recorded

Recipients of a custom certificate are not recorded

by Charlie Hampson -
Number of replies: 7

Moodle Version: 3.8.2

I have used custom certificates quite a lot in various courses and whenever a student clicks 'view certificate' the pdf certificate can be saved to their machine and a copy is successfully being emailed to the teacher but the recipients list is also incremented.

For this new course I have produced, a student can click 'view certificate' to see/save the pdf certificate and  a copy is being emailed to the teacher but this normally increments the number of recipients of the certificate where we can go in and access all the students certificates. However in this case when I open the custom certificate it says there have been no recipients (see below). I must have changed some setting for this certificate as it work fine for my other courses.

As a workaround if we don't have a copy of the certificate via email we can log in as each student to get the certificate but we really need a view of all recipients on main certificate page.

no recipients

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie Hampson

Re: Recipients of a custom certificate are not recorded

by Charlie Hampson -
Problem resolved. Not entirely sure how but this can be closed off now. Thanks

by Niall Scully -

Can I ask what your solution was as I'm having a similar issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Niall Scully

by Stephen Wallace -
We have a similar situation. Not all recipients who have certificates are showing up.
In reply to Niall Scully

by Lynn Cauwels -
Same here, Has anyone been able to find to solution?

by Sofie Verschueren -
We also have this problem and cannot fix it. Does anyone already know the solution?
Thank you.

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are you able to check if the database table 'mdl_customcert_issues' is being populated?
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Lynn Cauwels -
My colleague has solved the issue yesterday.
We use the plugin in Totara.
No one was able to see the recipients, not even the admin.
However, he changed the settings of another role (a custom role: coordinator), and then it was fixed.
A bit strange, because the rights of the custom role should not have implications for the admin, but it works smile.
Thanks for your reply anyway,Mark!