Essays answers being overwritten when lesson repeated

Essays answers being overwritten when lesson repeated

by Georgie Wilkinson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have multiple essays in a lesson which work fine unless the student reviews the lesson, when their first essay answers are then overwritten. As the student expects their initial answer to be saved, they generally just put 'already answered' or similar into this review attempt, so as teachers this is all we receive once the lesson is completed.

Is there anyway to view previous attempts, or to save the first attempt only? I can see from previous queries that this was an issue a number of years ago which appeared to have been fixed so am I missing something in my lesson setup?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Georgie Wilkinson

Re: Essays answers being overwritten when lesson repeated

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. This is something which has been noticed and reported and is currently being worked on - we hope it will be incorporated into standard Moodle soon (MDL-45798,) but at the moment I'm sorry I don't know of a workaround.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Essays answers being overwritten when lesson repeated

by Georgie Wilkinson -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your quick reply, I can see that this issue seems to have causing issues for a long time with trying to fix it. All of your efforts to fix it are appreciated, as it will be a benefit to our students to be able to review their answers and lessons freely but in the meantime we will continue to work with things as they are smile.

Best Wishes,

Georgie