H5P Quiz (Question Set) content type example

H5P Quiz (Question Set) content type example

by Stuart Mealor -
Number of replies: 4

A few weeks ago I shared an example of using Flashcards to make a "Guess the animals" exercise.

I've been testing out different H5P content types, with much the same material, to explore the strengths and weaknesses of each. So next I've tried the same questions, but this time using the H5P Quiz (Question Set).

So here I'm sharing the "Guess the animals" H5P quiz. Feel free to try it out - my kids really enjoy these.

https://elearningworld.h5p.com/content/1290877973286713379 

The criteria for building this content is:

• Must work well on a mobile phone - this is a game we play while out and about, in a cafe, etc.

• Have high quality images (some of the free Apps I found previously have really poor animal photos)

• Feature genuine learning opportunities through pop-up tips, help text etc.

• Be easy to use, navigate and read for children - my target audience initially being my daughters aged 4 and 6

• Must be fun!

Given my criteria above, I've created all the questions as multiple choice, but with just two options. Younger learners can practice their reading as they can sound out the first letter of the two options, and click on the correct choice.

As with the Flashcards I've attributed everything correctly, so if you want to use this content in some way please do! Any feedback on errors, omissions, or any type of improvement please let me know smile

Note that the H5P Quiz (Question Set) allows for randomisation, which the H5P Flashcards does not.

The ability to zoom in on the image is very cool too !

Stu

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stuart Mealor

Re: H5P Quiz (Question Set) content type example

by Benjamin Waller -
Love it Stuart!
I will do it with my 6-year-old boy and give you some feedback!

Cheers,
Ben
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Benjamin Waller -
Hi Stuart,
This was a really educational and fun game for my 6-year-old son. He found it really engaging. He didn't know a few of the incorrect animals so that was good because he learnt some new animals. But also it was good for him to read words, for instance, after a couple of times through, I got him to read the correct animal to recognise the written words. Also, I followed up getting him to do some writing of the animal's names. He is still forming his letters so that was useful. He really enjoyed it and it provided an excellent learning opportunity.

Again, well done!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Benjamin Waller

by Stuart Mealor -
Ah, thanks for that feedback Benjamin - so glad to hear your son had fun !
I've been trying out various combinations of Quiz, Dialog Cards, Flashcards, etc. wit my daughters (4 and 6) to see which work best on a smartphone, and which they enjoy best - and then I think about the educational and learning benefits - just like you have with the follow-on writing.
I created a Guess the Animals activity using the Dialog Cards:
https://elearningworld.h5p.com/content/1290877973769397219
And I created a version focussing on audio:
https://elearningworld.h5p.com/content/1290945622615650579
I was surprised how much they enjoyed the audio version !
One thing that would be good with the Dialog Cards is if animate could be added to the "back" of the card only - the would make this audio exercise much nicer.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)