Reviews allowed but not re-takes

Reviews allowed but not re-takes

by Esperanza Castro -
Number of replies: 3
I want my students to be able to review lessons from the beginning but not to re-take them. The idea is that they can re-enter the lesson to review it and study, but they are not allowed to enter new answers and therefore change their score. I have "Yes" in "Allow student review" and "No" in "Re-takes allowed". When my students reach the end of the lesson, they are indeed given the opportunity to review the lesson from the beginning. However, if they exit the lesson and enter again, they receive the message "You are not allowed to re-take this lesson". Allowing re-takes would solve the problem, but as I've said, I don't want them to be able to re-take it, just to review it. Thank you in advance for your help.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Esperanza Castro

Re: Reviews allowed but not re-takes

by Megan Hoffman -

Thank you for posting this - I have the same issue.  It looks like "allow student review" is only functional before students end the lesson.  I, too, would like students to be able to review later without having to re-do the entire lesson.   Thank you for any insights you can share. 

In reply to Megan Hoffman

by Joseph Rézeau -
Piksa bilong Core developers Piksa bilong Particularly helpful Moodlers Piksa bilong Plugin developers Piksa bilong Testers Piksa bilong Translators
Hi Esperanza & Megan,
As you have found out, the "Review lesson" feature---as it is---is not very useful. Once the students have finished a lesson their answers are "lost" to them and they have no way to review them.
This bug/feature is regularly questioned on this forum but there is very little hope that it will be changed one day, since the Lesson activity is no longer actively maintained by the Moodle core developers, as far as I know.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Megan Hoffman -

Thank you, Joseph.  Sad news but it does let me know not to keep trying to make it work!

Megan