Problem when installing plugin

Problem when installing plugin

by Odiljon Atabaev -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all, today administration asked me to install bigbulebutton plugin to the moodle. I've tried to install it via moodle site directly, it asked permission to write on mod directory. When I give this permission, it didn't installed and I got problem with my administrator account. Error message Access denied code:5. I've took permission to write back. Still having problem

Moodle 3.8.2 (Build: 20200309)

Server Hardware: CPU Core i7 7700, RAM 16GB, SSD

Windows server 2019 IIS web server 10

DatabaseMariaDB 10.4 Series

PHP version 7.2.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Odiljon Atabaev

Re: Problem when installing plugin

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle cannot access your mod folder which means your permissions are probably wrong - the webserver needs write access to this folder...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Odiljon Atabaev -
Oh, thanks for quick response. All users can enter to their accounts but, they can't see any activity or resources. how do i give write access?, I'm new in this?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Odiljon Atabaev -
I gave permission to write for the web server, admin page loads fine. But, users and I can't see any activity or resources in the courses. Just the topic name and course information are available. Please help me
In reply to Odiljon Atabaev

by Odiljon Atabaev -
UPD Solved (I think)
If anyone has same problem, how I got problem.
1) I gave write permission to moodle/mod directory
2) I opened sharing for this directory (I don't know why I did this)
3) Suddenly admin page showed error Access is denied : (code 5)

How I solved
1) I closed the sharing for the directory mod
2) I changed mod directory with existing one from backup which is 1 week old
3) I changed security properties of the folder mod by adding Users, Administrators, IUSR and giving them permissions that are indicated in another folder inside of moodle directory
4) I purged caches

Now our moodle website works again and shows up all data