Pacing students through a quiz?

Pacing students through a quiz?

by Tom Connolly -
Number of replies: 4

I am doing online classes with my Chinese students.  The school has specifically asked me to have a "physical presence" with the students, i.e. be seen by the students during class.  I am  hoping I can find a way to present some material via zoom and then ask students to do, say, questions 1-4 of a quiz, as a kind of formative assessment, then move on to the second mini-lecture and then the second part of the quiz, etc.  If I let the student start the quiz without some restriction, they will do it all - whether they know anything or not.

Moodle 3.4.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Connolly

Re: Pacing students through a quiz?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am not sure what your question is.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Tom Connolly -
I have been reading more on this forum....particularly to the answers to my question about logic and structure...maybe what I should do is make several mini quizzes....I can give a short lecture in zoom...and then ask students to take mini quiz #1 in Moodle, which has only 4 questions...then give short lecture #2...and give mini quiz #2 in Moodle...I was originally looking for a way to control when students could access questions in a quiz, and give them permission to answer certain questions while I was in the lecture.
In reply to Tom Connolly

by Tom Connolly -
I would like to be able to have lecture, let them answer 2 questions on the quiz, have lecture, let them answer 2 or 3 questions on the quiz, etc with a minimal amount of shifting around. The goal is to have a formative assessment tool online, even though I must present "live lecture".
In reply to Tom Connolly

by James Steerpike -

If you don't want students jumping ahead you can hide resources.  This is easy but has the disadvantage students have to refresh their browser. I usually run two browsers on a web conference session with an Admin level login on Moodle in the background and sharing my student level login on Zoom. Show your material, discuss and then reveal the questions using the admin login and confirm visibility on the student login.

If the questions are just exercises and you don't want to record grades, you can embed the questions in a book. Again you can hide and show book pages during the session.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)