Re-open quizzes for reveiw

Re: Re-open quizzes for reveiw

by Dominique Bauer -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Charles,

Yes, I works. In the Gradebook setup, edit the settings for each quiz as follows:

Note that you have to click on "Show more..." to view and enable the "Lock after" date.

Be careful never to unlock the quizzes again, otherwise the marks will be automatically changed to those of the students' last attempts.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Charles Reiss -

Follow up on Locking quizzes:

I would like to set up a quiz with a due date by which students must take it and get a final grade.

But after that, I want the quiz to be accessible so that those who missed the deadline can still practice, and so that everyone can use the quiz as review for exams. But I do not want grades after the original deadline to count.

Is there a way to do this in one step when setting up the quiz?

In reply to Charles Reiss

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
No, not one step, but maybe two. I do this quite a bit, and a little differently than Dominique.

I go to Grades, and turn editing on. Then, I go to the quizzes of interest and "lock" them (see graphic). With this technique, I can lock a half-dozen of them all at once.  Then, I go into each quiz's settings, and clear the due date. That's it!

It works, but there is an opportunity for Moodle to improve this.  I have been doing it this way for around 10 years.
Attachment Locked quiz.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)