Changing the Re: order on the subject for a better use in Gmail

Changing the Re: order on the subject for a better use in Gmail

by Marco Solanas -
Number of replies: 3

I use gmail because and I like the way it order my messages by the subject. I like to review the previous mail with the same subject.

When you are suscribed to the mail delivery NOT diggested in Moodle you recieve these:

MyCourse: My subject of one post in Moodle 

If somebody anwer I recibe this:

MyCourse: Re: My subject of one post in Moodle

Thats a problem for gmail and I suppose that it's a problem for other mail programs because it makes that the two mails was separeted on diferent threads.

Is it possible to notify the mail subject with the Re: in the first place? I would like to recibe:

Re: MyCourse: My subject of one post in Moodle

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Solanas

Re: Changing the Re: order on the subject for a better use in Gmail

by Marco Solanas -

Anybody thinks like me? I'm thinking on change the code to put the "Re:" before the coursename but I don't like to personalize my system for future updates. Would you think it could be a modification on the actual forum module.

Best Regards.

In reply to Marco Solanas

by Robert Brenstein -
I haven't seen misplaced Re as you describe. I suspect it is a bug introduced in some newer Moodle version. I believe don't see it because of the changes that I made in our installation. Cf Bug #3175. If you want to change your instalation, I can send you the instructions. I have carried over my changes through a few upgrades of Moodle. Not much work and worth the trouble.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Marco Solanas -

The "Re:" is misplaced in the subject of the mail you recibe from the forums you are suscribed when you have no digest mode. Inside Moodle the "Re:" is well placed. On the mail notifications Moodle put the name of the course in first place. You should experiment this problem if you receive this response by mail with the moodle.org now installation.

The notification of your message was recibed as: "Using Moodle: Re: Changing the Re: order on the subject for a better use in Gmail " and I would like to receive "Re: Using Moodle:Changing the Re: order on the subject for a better use in Gmail"

Where put the "Re:" your installation after the changes you introduced?

I has been been reading the  bug #3175 . Very interesting. If you don't want to change the database field maybe you could use a short name between brakets in the name of the forum. These information will be extracted just before to send the mail.