Moodle documentation: Moodle documentation news!

Moodle documentation: Moodle documentation news!

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

A big THANK YOU for all documentation contributions so far. We are currently working on 277 articles! approve

Thanks to Eloy and Martin's hack, MoodleDocs now authenticates against moodle.org i.e. your moodle.org username and password are required to login to MoodleDocs. Please check MoodleDocs Authentication for further details.

The Spanish MoodleDocs was officially launched today and, thanks to the amazing work of Antonio Vincent and Eloy (again), already has more pages than the English documentation! surprise To facilitate collaboration, inter-language links need adding to as many pages as possible. Please see the guidelines for contributors for further details. Also, volunteers to translate from Spanish into English would be appreciated. wink

Please note that documentation in other languages will be coming soon!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle documentation news!

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Great Job Helen and Eloy!

I am very pleased to see that documentation, one of the major problems in Open Source Software, for Moodle isn't a problem anymore. Thank you for that.
I'm sure it will become an example of how documentation can be, thanks to our documentation steward and the help of the Moodle community.

I am already dreaming of a Dutch translation cool, since teachers and site admins will have a lot of advantage in translated documentation (calculate the time saving not having to explaining the same thing 100 times dood ). The direct links to the documentation from every page in Moodle will be very useful, bringing help to the users.

In reply to koen roggemans

by Art Lader -
And your wonderful Firefox extension still works, Koen. smile

-- Art
In reply to Helen Foster

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Helen !

As a matter of fact, I would like to know how to import the actual french translated help files in the wiki.

Do you have a plan for this ?
In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Nicolas,

Please note that Moodle help files will remain in language packs and so their text need not be included in this documentation. However, it would be great to set up French Moodle Docs. tongueout Please let me know if you can help.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Helen,

I certainly would help to bring some french docs in the wiki. Where do I begin? (I've already an account on the wiki).
In reply to Helen Foster

by Vikram Solia -
Nice work Antonio and Eloy!

looking forward to having a single login where login to moodle.org automatically logs you in to moodle.docs

I would like to start something on the moodle docs about overcoming constraints of hosting moodle on a shared server and a shoe-string budget.

In reply to Vikram Solia

by Helen Foster -
Hi Vikram,

It's not possible to have a single sign-on between moodle.org and Moodle Docs, though if you don't share your machine you may try ticking the "Remember me" checkbox on the Moodle Docs login page.

You're welcome to create new documentation pages - please go ahead!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ghassan Geara -

hi Helen,

In Moodle.org => "Moodle News" Forum => Discussion "Moodle 1.5.3 released!" => It's written:

[...] See the full release notes for general details, as well as security.moodle.org for more detailed information about the security-related changes. [...]

The link of "full release notes" pointing to:
http://docs.moodle.org/?frame=release.html 
should be:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Release_Notes

I'm sure there are many URLs in the Moodle.org database with this format http://docs.moodle.org/?frame=etc. that should be fixed.

I suggest to run a SQL-command that will retreive all these links and easy the correction.

Peace, wide eyes

In reply to Ghassan Geara

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've put in a bunch of redirects now to catch these old links.