Configuring Moodle on GCP / Google Cloud and material exfiltration

Configuring Moodle on GCP / Google Cloud and material exfiltration

by Tomas Jonas Girdzijauskas -
Number of replies: 1

Hi ! Few questions:

1. What are best practices to install Moodle on Google Cloud / GCP and upload educational videos to Google Cloud Storage too? Should videos be under the same Project as Moodle and getting project viewers permissions and if so - what are benefits? Latency? Or not necessary - storage buckets could be as separate Project? Or should storage buckets be mounted directly to Moodle? Can they appear in Moodle folders? If so - what about securing these videos from exfiltration?
  2. How to avoid videos to be too easy downloaded (exfiltrated?) and distributed outside Moodle user login ? Of course motivated willing user will find a ways to downlaod, but I don't want to tempt users for too easy distribution. If giving storage bucket/object permissions allAuthenticatedUsers and vievers-[projectNumber] it is unclear how Moodle students will access it or not. So should I grant permissions to Moodle and it's material two times - one for student as Moodle user login and one in Google Cloud Storage bucket/object permission or can it be done in one place and how? For example as a group of users on GCP IAM. How to connect Moodle login permissions and GCP storage permissions?
  3. I installed Moodle on GCP from Bitnami stack. Is it a good option? Or better would be install manually from download.moodle.org ? If Bitnami  - how this affects integration with Google Cloud Storage buckets/objects ? Doe's Bitnami give plugins for integration?
  4. How can I find and download whole Moodle site backups? Are they accessible on Google Cloud / GCP via FTP?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tomas Jonas Girdzijauskas

Re: Configuring Moodle on GCP / Google Cloud and material exfiltration

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
" Of course motivated willing user will"
You may find that whatever motivated willing users will quickly explain how to do it to unmotivated, unwilling users.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)