PDF annotation plugin questions

PDF annotation plugin questions

by Oleg Sychev -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm trying to master pdf annotation plugin because of COVID, and has encountered a couple of problems.

Our University is currently using Moodle 3.2, please let me know if some of them were fixed later (even though physically moving to the university to upgrade Moodle installation right now is problematic).

1. Is there an easy way for the teacher to save annotated PDFs? I was only able it by switching to the particular student's user, and then I have to re-login as a teacher.

The scenario is like this: a student uploads a PDF, I annotated it with errors and give the student another attempt to improve their work. Now, a week later, grading the new PDF I want to see my annotations to the previous versions to quickly remember what these errors were.

2. Is there a way to use Unicode characters in annotations?  Unicode characters look well in comments while I'm doing them on Moodle site, but in the annotated PDF the students get they get changed to question marks. Is this some Ghostscript problem on the server - I guess some fonts are missing (and how to fix and test it?) or principal problem of Moodle PDF annotation plugin?

Average of ratings: -