Sometimes Moodle is not responding

Sometimes Moodle is not responding

by Odiljon Atabaev -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone, I hope all of you doing good and healthy.

My question and problem is that sometimes my Moodle web site is not responding for a while. For example it can work perfect for several hours and suddenly will not respond for 2-5 minutes (sometimes more) and it works well again.  It wasn't bad, but today this happened a lot many users asked about this. I don't know what to do?

And i think it is something connected with moodle or database. Because I have a start page seperate from moodle. it is responding all the time.

start page: http://innovative.andmiedu.uz

moodle page: http://innovative.andmiedu.uz/moodle

Moodle 3.8.2 (Build: 20200309)

Server Hardware: CPU Core i7 7700, RAM 16GB, SSD

Windows server 2019 IIS web server 10

Database: MariaDB 10.4 Series

PHP version 7.2.2

Attachment performance.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Odiljon Atabaev

Re: Sometimes Moodle is not responding

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Make a note of the times when the slowdowns occur, then check if it coincides with when the cron tasks are running. That probably is not the solution, but look anyway.
Make sure you web server logging is turned to full and browse through it where the timestamps match the slowdown periods
Good luck
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Odiljon Atabaev -
Thank you, I will try
In reply to Odiljon Atabaev

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Another possibility. On multiple occasions over the past month, at least a couple of times per day, even Moodle.org, "goes away" for a few minutes. Almost certainly attributable to the increased Internet traffic being experienced world wide due to so many people being at home and online.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)