Problems using Generico and Atto Generico Icon Plug-Ins

Problems using Generico and Atto Generico Icon Plug-Ins

by Richard Sargeant -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I and running Moodle 3.8 and have spent hours trying to get the Generico filter plug-in to work.  I have repeated uninstalled, installed and enabled.  And it is definitely enabled.  But even the simplest templates shown in the examples fail e.g. {Generico:type=welcomeuser}.  The template {Generico: type= ... etc.} is entirely ignored and just repeated as ordinary text on the page.  Also, the Atto icon which is shown as installed in the plug-in list does not appear in the Atto toolbar.  I can only assume I have overlooked an obvious issue.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Sargeant

Re: Problems using Generico and Atto Generico Icon Plug-Ins

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
If its not enabled it will behave as you describe, ignoring any Generico tags. If its enabled then any recognized generico template would be processed. An unrecognized template would just show a blank, but the tags would disappear. So I think its not enabled, or broken in some way that prevents it from ever getting started.

Just to check the basics:
i) installation is all complete. Visit: site administration -> notifications . An incomplete install will show an installation wizard screen here.
ii) you have enabled it at : site administration -> plugins -> filters -> manage filters
iii) you have added the string "generico" to the csv list of icons that should show at the bottom of the atto toolbar settings page at:
site administration -> plugins -> text editors - atto-= >atto toolbar settings

Once we're sure all that is ok, then type longhand (do not copy and paste):
{GENERICO:type=welcomeuser}

Copying and pasting is fine, but it can bring invisible html characters which mess up the parsing, so for now do it longhand.
NB Generico is all upper case in the Generico tags.
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Richard Sargeant -

Thanks for your quick response.  I reinstalled Moodle and the problem has disappeared.  However, no Generico button is appearing on the Atto editor.  Presumably this is a known problem.

Many thanks

In reply to Richard Sargeant

by Richard Sargeant -
Thanks again, sorted the Generico button by adding the name against one of the other groupings in the Atto toolbar config.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)