Unable to back up course in ver 2.7

Unable to back up course in ver 2.7

by Bruce Wilbee -
Number of replies: 3

I'm no expert so would appreciate a little help troubleshooting a problem.  When I try to back up it fails and I get the following debugging info.  When I check the directories I do not have the moodle32 directory as specified.  I am also a little confused that it is using the pathing it is...maybe it is covid related?

Warning: require_once(C:\inetpub\wwwroot/backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\backup\backup.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot/backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php' (include_path='C:\inetpub\wwwroot/lib/zend;C:\inetpub\wwwroot/lib/pear;.;C:\php\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\backup\backup.php on line 20

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruce Wilbee

Re: Unable to back up course in ver 2.7

by Bruce Wilbee -
UPDATE: So I created the Moodle2 folder and added the backup_plan_builder.class.php file
(does anyone know an easy way to find the folder and files that are supposed to be there? Not sure what else I am missing form the install.)

Now I am getting:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '2020' (T_LNUMBER) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\backup\Moodle2\backup_plan_builder.class.php on line 198
In reply to Bruce Wilbee

by Bruce Wilbee -
RESOLVED: I found the download for my version at https://download.moodle.org/stable27/
I downloaded and unzipped the whole structure and copied the back up folder in its entirety to the backup folder on my server...works like a charm.
In reply to Bruce Wilbee

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Congrats on resovling!  

Now I don't mean to burst bubble, but ... it worked because files were missing now weren't missing ...  but ... everything in Moodle now contains version checks.   So when you upgrade from 2.7.x to a 2.9.x (required to march the moodle - can't do hyperjumps) the upgrade might catch what you've done and complain about version numbers don't match what's in DB.

Might be a good idea at this point to clone what you have to another instance ... on another server ... get it running, then 'practice' upgrading - just the first 'hop' in the 'march' ... 2.7.x to 2.9.highest.

'SoS', Ken