Assignments and H5P content not showing up when I have added them

Assignments and H5P content not showing up when I have added them

by Jude Mortimer -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there, I am relatively inexperienced with Moodle. I have managed to add several types of resources and activities to a course but am struggling with Assignment and also H5P. They appear to add in but then I can't see them from my tutor view.

I can, however, see them from  the student view so I know they are there but not sure how I can now edit or remove them if I can't see them as an editor.

I have checked the assignment dates and they are current so it isn't that causing the problem.

Can anyone help? Thanks smile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jude Mortimer

Re: Assignments and H5P content not showing up when I have added them

by ben reynolds -
The most likely culprit is that you're using groups and you're not in a group.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Jude Mortimer -
Thanks Ben. smile Do you mean the groups setting for the course I'm viewing? If so the group mode there says 'no groups'. Or is there another group setting I need to check somewhere else?

by ben reynolds -
Well, so much for the simple fix sad
Let's do some questions.
1. When you are adding the Assigns and H5Ps are you in the same role as what you call "tutor"? (which I assume means what Moodle calls "Editing Teacher")
2. When you say "student view," are you using "Switch role to..." or are you logging in as student with a different login and password from your own?
3. When you say you can't see them, does that mean the space is blank? If it is not blank, what is there?
4. When a student can see them, are they in the location where editing teacher put them?
In reply to ben reynolds

by Jude Mortimer -

Thanks for reply. 🙂

1. Yes I'm an editing teacher

2. I tried both

3. Just nothing there - no blank space, just as if there is nothing else there. It's invisible!

4. Yeah they are where I put them

🤪 Any more ideas?

by ben reynolds -
Maybe it's time to take a look at your course. If you're comfortable, can you send a link to the course and a student login?
ben.reynolds@jhu.edu
Be careful of emails with my name on them. I've been out there since 1994, and I get used as a spoof name all the time for spam/phishing.