Connectivity with oracle database

Connectivity with oracle database

by Noman Butt -
Number of replies: 6

Thanks in advance.

i'm new in Moodle i want to use oracle 11 g database with Moodle is it possible.

Please guide.

Regards,

Noman Hameed 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Noman Butt

Re: Connectivity with oracle database

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It is possible, but not advisable. Very few plugins are tested with it and you will need plugins.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Noman Butt -
i have a condition to show some students details from oracle (DB) to Moodle application (with mysql DB) any suggestion in that case please.
In reply to Noman Butt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am not certain what you are asking. You have a mysql based Moodle and you want to access and Oracle Database. Are you a developer?
It would be helpful if you could give a full description of what you want to do.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

I think seperating the object one teaches and the teaching medium would save some trouble. Take teaching telephony by taking the telephone exchange apart, through which one reaches his students! smile

In reply to Marcus Green

by Noman Butt -
Yes i'm a developer but i'm not working with Moodle before. i want to know how can i use oracle database instead of MySql with Moodle.