Browse list of users

Browse list of users

by Cameron Hallowell -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle 3.7

Is there a way to add to or change the new filter options, Currently we have "User full name" is it possible to add another to appear at the top and easily accessible such as ID Number which is at the bottom of the see more list. A small but annoying thing when you are doing it 20+ times a day

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cameron Hallowell

Re: Browse list of users - adding filter options

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes - in Moodle 3.8! There's a new admin setting 'Default user filters' where you can select ID number and other items you'd like to be shown on the 'Browse list of users' page.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Cameron Hallowell -
thanks for the prompt reply, even more reasons to go to 3.8
In reply to Helen Foster

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Helen, I just suggested closing my Tracker item MDL-19190, having noticed that a new "Enrolled in any course" filter is now provided. Wow, I believe that this Tracker item of mine goes back to 2009, if I am seeing dates correctly.
In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Browse list of users - adding filter options [Resolved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nice to be able to close a 10-year-old issue! Thanks Rick for commenting on it and thanks Luca for fixing it!

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
It wasn't apparent to me who fixed it. Certainly, thanks a lot, Luca!
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Thom Rawson -
Hi and thanks for the information about the new user management features. One follow-up: When selecting multiple filters in the user management screen for example:

ID number "starts with" 20
and
Never accessed

are the multiple filters connected together as "AND" or "OR" functionality? Meaning, if I select these two filters, should I get:

All students whose ID number starts with "20" AND have never logged in?

or should I get:

All students whose ID number starts with "20" OR have never logged in?

It seems to me it used to be AND behavior, but now that isn't the case. I've got users with ID number of 20 and "have logged in" showing in my list.

Can someone point me where I might learn more about it?

UPDATE: These students are accessing the site using the Moodle Mobile app. Not sure if that makes a difference, but in 2018 the students only used the web. A search for the "never accessed" with 18 in the ID number brings a clear report.
Attachment Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 11.52.40.png