Run Now

Run Now

by Colin Tennyson -
Number of replies: 12

I am trying to Sync my Office 365 users from Azure AD into Moodle, but unfortunately my scheduled task never runs. Nor do I have the "Run Now" option.

Am I missing something ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Tennyson

Re: Run Now

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you enabled it?  In the scheduled task settings?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Colin Tennyson -
Hi Emma,

Here is what I see, I don't have too many options here.

When I click on settings, the "disable" option is not checked, so I assume its enabled.

Maybe - I am not fully gasping the concept of this plugin, what I would like to be able to do is import the 2000 students accounts that exist in my Azure AD and enroll them to courses in Moodle. I have tested students logging into Moodle, which does work for SSO but obviously they cannot see any courses because they are not enrolled.  Should'nt I be able to add the students through the sync process and when they login for the first time they can see their courses. Maybe my thought process is backwards of how this plug-in should work ?

Colin
Attachment Annotation 2020-04-02 082110.png
In reply to Colin Tennyson

by Susmitha Nori -

Hi

I have same issue in my setup. I cannot see 'Run now' button like the demo in some of the videos. Any one can help please ?

Thank you

In reply to Susmitha Nori

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

To get the "Run now" link Path to PHP CLI must be set (under Site administrationServerSystem paths).

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Mai Nguyen -
I set Path to PHP CLI : /usr/bin/php. I cannot see 'Run now' button like the demo in some of the videos. please help me.
In reply to Mai Nguyen

by Leon Stringer -

Is /usr/bin/php the correct path on your system? You should see a green check mark on the right of the field if the path is correct:

Path to PHP CLI set correctly

If you don't see the green check mark, try running which php at the command line which should show the correct path.

by Mai Nguyen -

Thanks for the reply. But I use hosting and I can't find Path to PHP CLI

And "Sync users with Azure AD": Never

Please help meimagee. 

In reply to Mai Nguyen

by Susmitha Nori -
Please find the path I followed in Moodle for this setup >
Site administration > Server > System Paths. For example below is the screenshot for my setup
I have XAMPP installation for Apache where Moodle is running. Therefore the path is under XAMPP folder. When provided that path in environment variables run now option started appearing.  
I hope this helps. Thank you
Attachment Moodledemo_ paths.png
Attachment RunNow_Moodle.png
In reply to Mai Nguyen

by Leon Stringer -

What version of Moodle do you have?

Path to PHP CLI

Screenshot highlighting 'Site administration > Server > System' paths in Vietnamese

Screenshot showing 'Path to PHP CLI' in Vietnamese

Sync users with Azure AD: Never

Is the cron set up and working? If your screenshot is recent then maybe it's not working, e.g. task Create user groups in Office 365 should run every time the cron is run but your screenshot shows this was last run on Thursday, 22 October 2020, 11:15 AM.

by Mai Nguyen -

Thanks for reply