Question about payment structures

Question about payment structures

Thomas Luce གིས-
Number of replies: 5
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to do recurring paymens for enrollment (the user's card is automatically billed once a month, and they are un-enrolled from the class if it comes back no good), either in the form of a plugin, or an option that I am missing someplace?

If there isn't, then is there an enrollment plugin creation document someplace that I can read over so that I can code such a thing?

Thank you,
-Thomas

དཔྱ་སྙོམས་ཀྱི་སྐུགས་ཚུ།: -
In reply to Thomas Luce

Re: Question about payment structures

Ethem Evlice གིས-

This is possiable and not.

What is your purpose to recur a payment once a month? One time fee is good, I think. You can set up course start and end date every month.

Recurring payment requires to store credit card number in database and this is realy a big security problem. Normally, full credit card number isn't stored in database, last four digit is stored. This is required to refund payment.

Anyway, I will not do this for authorize.net as module author.

In reply to Ethem Evlice

Thomas Luce གིས-
The reason that this is required is because we will be teaching courses that are always on-going (it's an online version of a meditation course that we teach). There are no tests, there are no completion requirements, etc.  Having a new course for each month, and requireing that a user re-enroll every month is a huge hassle because the curriculum usualy (but not always) moves in 3 month increments, and most people are not comfortable charging the full 9 months, or even 3 months worth of "tuition" on their credit card.

If there is no way to do this, that's fine. If you won't include that functionality, that's fine. I can code it myself, I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to.
In reply to Thomas Luce

Sisinio Baldis གིས-

I would be interested in this functionality as well.  Let me know what you find.  I saw someone else asking about this as well. 

Best regards,

Sisinio