RPL in Moodle

RPL in Moodle

by Yves de Champlain -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everybody

I have used Moodle as a teacher for a few years, but I also work in Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and found this in the Moodle 3.1 release notes : 

https://moodle.com/news/announcing-moodle-3-1/

Moodle’s latest release contains plenty of useful features and improvements, including much-anticipated support for Competency Based Education (CBE) frameworks. Using Moodle 3.1, educators can define learning plans for students, based on competencies in any subject area. Students can then prove their competency by completing coursework or manually uploading evidence in other ways. The improved platform also has the necessary infrastructure for recognition of prior learning (RPL).

Wow ! That is cool 🙂

From what I understand, I need to 

1. create a Competency Framework
  2. create at least one Learning plan
  3. from there, users can upload evidence of prior learning

Even if I am right about this, it is still pretty abstract to me. I downloaded and installed Moodle 3.8 but I have been using Moodle 2.x up to now so  I don't even have a question, but any guidelines, hints or examples would be very much appreciated !

Thanks !
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yves de Champlain

Re: RPL in Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello. Did you find the documentation on Competencies ? It has linked pages also with information on learning plans.