Unique self enrolment keys

Unique self enrolment keys

by Bifutake Takebifu -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all, I'm having a difficult time trying to find a way to implement these measures on my site (v3.8):

• every user must have his/her unique enrolment key for a particular course;
  • this key must be tied only to his/her account (e-mail address);
  • when a user receives his/her enrolment credentials and visits a course where he/she wants to enrol, that page must offer a single enrolment option.

That means I cannot simply create a new custom instance or a self enrolment method. This would result in too much clutter. Also, I want to hide each instance/method from anyone not using it.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bifutake Takebifu

Re: Unique self enrolment keys

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Bifutake,

Not sure if there is a Unique Ket enrollment key plugin around. The challenge would be that you can't enroll a student in a course to send them an enrollment key before you enrol them. If you need to select the students to send them an enrollment key anyway, why not just enroll them in the course or add them to a cohort? Then they would not be prompted at all.

On the other hand, if you do find a Unique Key enrollment plugin or develop one, you could turn off all of the other enrollment methods for the course so that there is just one method available with no clutter.

Best regards,

Michael Milette