The quiz starts from 8 to 9 o'clock

The specified time is an hour

How do I prevent students from entering the exam after 8:15

moodle 3.8.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eng. Ahmed Hassan

Re: quiz time

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I can't currently think of a way that you coudl stop them entering.

What you can do is: after the exam has finshed, you can look at the quiz reports. That shows the time at which each student started the quiz. So, you can see if any started after 8:15, and do somthing about it.

And, you can tell the students that you are able to do this, so they must start by 8:15, or else.

Also, if you really wanted to implement this functionality in Moodle, you could do it by creating a new quiz access rule plugin (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Quiz_access_rules).
In reply to Eng. Ahmed Hassan

Re: quiz time

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

One thing you could try to do is to use the restrict access and activity completion features. 

Create a page with some kind of explanation of the steps for accessing the quiz. Set the completion setting to “students must view” to complete the activity.  Set the restrict access settings to close at 8:00.

In your quiz settings go to the “restrict access settings” and set “activity completion” for the page you created to “must be marked complete”. You could also hide the quiz from people who haven’t accessed the quiz explanation page before the time deadline. 

I think this should give you what you want.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)