Testing the Moodle WYSIWYG editors for WCAG accessibility

Re: Testing the Moodle WYSIWYG editors for WCAG accessibility

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Your post reminds me of another issue, when people copy/paste from MS Word (and other products.) The Word document (which is actually XML/HTML) might have a lot of hidden stuff. When you paste this into ATTO, it can look strange. This has nothing to do with ATTO, it is because the source document had surplus or wrong stuff in it.

I am going to ramble on for a little...

Maybe all content should be created in a separate, fully-WCAG compatible HTML editor? And then always inserted into ATTO or TinyMCE using HTML-mode?
I recently was chatting with our head-honcho accessibility person, showed him some of my web pages, like my syllabus. He was drawn to my table showing the course's grade scale. He checked and saw that I had not added the words "role=presentation" at the beginning of my (HTML) table definition of grades. He said that this particular table was not like a "data table" and was just being used to present grade information in a table-like format! Gee, how was I supposed to know? My point is that one might know this only if they create content by writing raw HTML code instead of using a WYSIWYG-type editor!

Yep, the "G" in WCAG stands for "guidelines."  Otherwise, it would be "WACL" using "L" to mean LAWS!
Average of ratings: Useful (3)