Admin Quiz Edit

Admin Quiz Edit

by Allan Ray Tanchiatco -
Number of replies: 4

Good morning. I recently gave a quiz on Moodle. I don't know why I have this hunch but I'm wondering if an admin can change a student's answers after it was automatically graded. I checked the log (standard) and no such thing is reflected. All questions are short answer ones. For my peace of mind, I really want to confirm that this is not possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allan Ray Tanchiatco

Re: Admin Quiz Edit

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Using the Moodle user interface, there in no way that the teacher can change the answer the student input.

The teacher can manually edit the grade that Moodle assigned automatically, but if they do this, it is very clear they have done that, and it is logged.

Of course, if someone can directly access the Moodle database, they can change anything, but if this has happened, you have a serious security issue.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Allan Ray Tanchiatco -
I am a teacher but not an admin though. My question is if an admin can do such.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Adding to Tim's answer, your answer is that a smart Admin can change anything that they want. Make sure that your organization picks good Admins.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No one can change quiz responses through the Moodle UI once the quiz has been submitted. Sorry I worded my post carelessly.