Method for updating a quiz to a new version?

Method for updating a quiz to a new version?

by Travis Woznick -
Number of replies: 0

Moodle Version: 3.8.2+ (Build: 20200312)

Hi everyone,

I'm frequently sent updates to some of the quizzes in one of my courses - sometimes just simple changes to questions, but sometimes the addition or removal of questions.  Is there better method for updating a quiz version (For example, a quiz labeled version 2.1 that has a new question added in version 2.2) than duplicating the questions in a question bank, moving them to a new category created for the updated version, then creating a new quiz based on the updated question bank, and moving the old quiz version to a course archive?  (Or just hiding previous versions of the quiz - although having a huge list of hidden quizzes becomes frustrating after several version updates)

The ultimate goal would be to just have one quiz, but users' quiz scores would be based on the version they took, allowing me to see everyone who took the quiz in one place regardless of the quiz version they took.  Is this possible, or does it make more sense to just keep quiz versions separate so I can more easily identify which version my users actually took?

Thanks for your help and feedback!

Travis

Average of ratings: -