New Block: Electronic Learning Blue Print (ELBP)

New Block: Electronic Learning Blue Print (ELBP)

by Conn Warwicker -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Electronic Learning Blue Print (Block)

What is it?

The Electronic Learning Blue Print (ELBP) is an individual learning plan block for Moodle, which allows you to create a single portal of student information, so that they and their teachers can see any piece of information they might require, all in one place.

The kind of information which can be displayed on the ELBP includes: Attendance, Registers, Timetables, Targets, Course Reports, and plenty more. You can even create your own sections of information with the easy-to-use forms.

screenshot

What features does it have?

The ELBP is feature-rich and allows you to customise almost every aspect of the system, so that it can be implemented in a way which works best for your institution.

Built-In Plugins:

The ELBP comes with the following plugins built-in:

• Attendance & Punctuality
  • Register
  • Targets
  • Tutorials
  • Course Reports
  • Additional Support
  • Comments
  • File Attachments
  • Personal Challenges
  • Learning Styles

Official External Plugins:

There are additional ELBP plugins which can be installed, if you have the relevant block installed on your Moodle site.

• Timetable - This is currently in a separate block, but in the future it will become part of the core ELBP
  • Grade Tracker - This plugin comes packaged with the Grade Tracker block
  • Prior Learning - This plugin comes packaged with the Grade Tracker block

Customisable - Build your own custom ELBP plugins from 5 available types:

• Single Reports - Static forms. One entry per student. Example: "Health Profile"
  • Incremental Reports - A table of information, entered row by row. Example: ""
  • Multiple Reports - Multiple instances of the same form, recorded periodically. Example: "Work Experience Diary"
  • Internal DB - A read-only report, drawing data from your Moodle database, as defined by an SQL query
  • External DB - A read-only report, drawing data from an external database, as defined by an SQL query

MIS Integration - Draw data periodically from your MIS/SIS system (or any external database), or query it live in the ELBP.

Email Alerts - Set up custom alerts based on ELBP events, against whole courses, groups or individual students

Reporting - See overview reports and build up your own custom reports using the Report Wizard or SQL queries (Reporting Dashboard block)

What versions of Moodle does it support?

This plugin currently supports Moodle versions: 3.4-3.7

Can I see a demo of it?

Yes. For a demo of this plugin, please see the ELBP page on my Demo Moodle Website.

How do I get it?

Please see the Downloads section on the Demo course.

Is there any documentation? And how do I report bugs/feature requests?

There is a Wiki available with some key information on the plugin.
To report bugs or request features, please use the Issue Tracker.

Average of ratings: -