LDAP Server Forest

Re: LDAP Server Forest

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, it is possible. I have moodle connected to a global domain.
You need to get a utility that will help you trouble shoot the connection. Is the port open? Does your bind user have the necessary permissions on the global domain? Are you putting the correct url in?
Just telling us you can't connect doesn't mean much, you need to start trying to isolate where the connection is going wrong -this is where the ldap utilities will help.
Have you tried connecting from the server (not through Moodle) directly to global domain...it should just be the different port to access it. Once you make the connection, you need to add a context for each subdomain separated by semi colons as I wrote before.
I did not have to specify gc in the url - I just used ldap with the global domain port (3268) and it worked fine - have you tried that? I don't know what you mean by you didn't get domain1, domain2 etc - where are you expecting to see that because you will not see it anywhere...once it is working, they will just be able to log in..