STACK: Handling of general feedback

STACK: Handling of general feedback

by Martin Kraska -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

when I have multiple inputs, then after submitting the students see a set of lines with teachers answer and how to input it.

I guess I can suppress this by unchecking the general feedback (or whatever) for the the post-submission states. But that would also suppress any worked solution from the general feedback field in the STACK question, wouldn't it?

Is there a chance to have this type of feedback next to the input fields much like the validation?

Martin

Attachment Anmerkung 2020-03-24 140456.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Kraska

Re: STACK: Handling of general feedback

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the Moodle quiz settings, look at the options available under 'Review options'.

This automatically generated 'Right answer' display is controllable separately from the 'General feedback' or 'Specific feedback' that you write as part of the question.

I would always recommend turning off the automatic 'Right answer' display, and writing your own feedback.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Martin Kraska -
Thanks for clarifying this. I really just had a diffuse understanding of the review options. So I sketched my current understanding below.
Now comes the work of producing general feedback texts for all the questions...

I understand that if I am happy with what is produced inside the response trees, then I can leave blank the specific feedback CAS textarea.
Attachment Anmerkung 2020-03-24 175622.png

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Interesting to see the German translation. (I studied German for one year in school several decades ago.)

That is basically right. The other difference between the different types of feedback only happenes if you are using a 'How questions behave' setting like Interactive with multiple tries, or Adaptive. 'Allgemeines feedback' only displays after the question is 'finished', whereas the 'spezifisches feedback' shows every time the student Checks an answer.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Martin Kraska -
I observed that when I deselect "right answer " in the test review options, this will not affect already existing attempts even if I make a re-evaluate run.
I.e. I can't remove already existing "right answer" stuff from existing attempts.

Is that by design or do I miss something again?

by Tim Hunt -
I'm surprised. That is not what I would expect to see (but I have not tried it). I would expect the extra feedback to disappear immediately when you review a students attempt ...

Ah! No. I remember now. When you review the quiz as a teacher, you always see all the feedback. The review options only affect what students see.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Martin Kraska -

How can I verify what feedback the student sees? I guess when I switch to student role, I can do the test myself and can see my feedback. But I probably can't see the feedback other students got.

by Tim Hunt -
If you can, the best way to see exactly what students see is to make yourself a second user account, with a name like "Test Student", and add that account as a Student in your course. Then you can log in as that user, and see exactly what a student will see.