Help to resolve the installation problem

Help to resolve the installation problem

by Мирољуб Бјелић -
Number of replies: 8

I started to set up moodle on the site of my school. I moved all files to the server. 

Then I entered URL  in browser and entered  required parameters. Then show this:

http://e-nastava.osmstikovic.edu.rs/user/editadvanced.php?id=2

and this: 

http://e-nastava.osmstikovic.edu.rs/admin/tool/dataprivacy/summary.php

Please help! I don't know how to continue and how to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Мирољуб Бјелић

Re: Help to resolve the installation problem

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Guess I really can't speak for all users in this forum, but wonder if you could using something other than .docx for additional info.

Am guessing you have trouble entering the password for the initial admin user.

Since your server is freebsd, should have ssh and should be able to ssh into server as root.

You can do the installation via command line:

cd /path/to/moodlecode/admin/cli/

php install.php

That's IF ... notice IF ... php-cli installed and you've got apache/nginx/php chroot jails for web service configured.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Odgovor: Re: Help to resolve the installation problem

by Мирољуб Бјелић -
Thanks for Your response.
I'm not get to step where I can enter the password for the initial admin user, yet.
I entered this
dbtype, dblibrary, dbhost ; dbname, dbuser, dbpass,
and it was some checking. Everything was good.
when I hit on continue, or next, than shows
http://e-nastava.osmstikovic.edu.rs/user/editadvanced.php?id=2 and
http://e-nastava.osmstikovic.edu.rs/admin/tool/dataprivacy/summary.php

Re: Odgovor: Re: Help to resolve the installation problem

by Ken Task -

Ok, guessed wrong there maybe ... again not wanting to open .docx.

The 1st url where you say it fails /user/.... id 2 is the initial admin user of the moodle - which would require a password.  The GUI install has a cute protection for password which has stopped an install cold.

However, did you try the command line route?  That will display errors ... it's just php talking to your DB then ... web service/config, etc. taken out of the loop.  You will be prompted for all those things the GUI does ... only in plain text ... and that's not an issue if using ssh.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Мирољуб Бјелић -

I did not use ssh , i used ftp, but I think that is not problem, because I transferred .zip moodle into server. Then programmers working on server unzipped files.  

After that, I input url in browser and done first steps for installation (dbname, dbhost...), and than, showed up list of all points that are necessary for installation, and all of them were green. 

Then, I clicked on continue, and than show this on screen:

and this

and this:

and other stuffs like this, but I can't edit anymore, even username and password.

by Ken Task -

Thanks.  Better than word doc now, but ... images are hard to read ... I have to download them then blow them up (larger) to see ... which distorts the image.   So the red arrow was pointed to what *text* ... ie what did it say?

And, did you click on the link that said 'more information about this link'?  Sorry, cannot reproduce the error and so have no idea of what that might show.

Didn't think fresh install forces the admin user to data privacy ... at least it hasn't for me when I do a fresh 3.8.x install via command line.

Now a fresh install might force admin user to profile if there is a 'required' field missing.

Or are those 2 screens .... data retention and profile ... something you are trying to use as 'evidence' of a problem?

The data retention link doesn't require a user to login nor an account to view so let's ignore that for now.

So ... suggestion ...

Maybe one of those programmers you mentioned could find the web server logs or check configuration of web service and discover something you can't fix via Moodle Admin UX.

They might need to turn on debugging via config.php file.  Please see:

https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Debugging

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: Help to resolve the installation problem

by Мирољуб Бјелић -

Hi again,

First I wish to thank You for You time. I appreciate it.

1 I entered URL in browser

2 I choose  the language

3 than show up: web address, moodle directory, data directoy and I complete it

4 I choose database driver (native dbmaria)

5 installation started up and all required parameters was ok and green

6 I hit on continue and didn't show: installation, general, username, new password

but shows this:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid property requested, or the property does not has a default value.

More information about this error

and on the bottom of page (where I put red arrow),this: Data retention summary

and when I hit on a link More about this error, than show this picture

Programmers do not do anything about moodle. They saw: that installation needs to be finished from IP address from where installation has been started

I need to say that I didn't find anything useful  from link MORE INFORMATION, and from this link that You sent to me about errors, probably I didn't manage well  sad

I feel that I am one step from finish, because system allows me to enter in page of administration, but I can not admin anything.

Re: Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: Help to resolve the installation problem

by Ken Task -

When it comes to computers and server set ups, 'close' or 'about' doesn't win
any cigar! (doesn't count).  Devil *IS* in the details!

Database driver should be very specific ... for MariaDB server type it should
be 'mariadb' ... not 'dbmaria'

The link to moodle docs about the error - block types - points to a forum
discussion
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=155652
dated August 10, 2010 and dealt with 1.9 -> 2 upgrade.
But, like many forums in moodle, folks piggy backed on that thread ...
multiple people with similar but NOT exactly the same problem to really
tell if any of that information would apply to your situation.
In your case, 3.8.2+ sooooo am gonna guess, nope ... not the issue.

The 'expert assistance' you got.   Did they attempt to do anything to assist?
On a fresh install, using Moodle GUI installer don't think there are any
screens that prompt for what blocks are to be used.

Don't understand your number 6:

6 I hit on continue and didn't show: installation, general, username, new password

So you never created an admin user for the site?  How are you able to login to the Moodle?

'SoS', Ken

Re: Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: Help to resolve the installation problem

by Ken Task -

Think you will need to contact hosting provider to resolve this issue.   Here's why:

A curl test to your server returns a X-Loopia-Node whose IP address is a 172.22.x.x.   In DNS your server's FQDN resolves to a 93.188.x.x IP address and in looking up that IP in DNS shows to be some sort of webcluster under the .loopia.se domain.

Yes, I understand you can login but can't get to any URL in your moodle that has /admin/ in it.  In your config.php file is this line present?

$CFG->admin = 'admin';

There are also some config lines for ssl and reverse proxy ... if that's what X-Loopia-Node is:

// Enable when setting up advanced reverse proxy load balancing configurations,
//      $CFG->reverseproxy = true;
//      $CFG->sslproxy = true;

Don't there are many that host where you host nor run the loopia.se front end to your server so contact hosting provider.

'SoS', Ken