Multi Part Essay

Multi Part Essay

by Richard Egan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

I have been scouring the forums to no avail! Using Moodle 3.8 and can't seem to find a question type where I can have a 4 part essay answer (i.e. A, B, C, D).

The question is to Describe four different leadership styles. So I would need 4 essay answer boxes. 

I know I can great 5 questions altogether using a description as the actual question and the other four questions as just ABCD however it just doesn't look right (and grading is 0.25 instead of 1).

Any help would be greatly appreciated (even if it's not possible).

Thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Egan

Re: Multi Part Essay

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think your best option is to just make 4 separate essay questions, and make it look as good as you can. I don't understand what you say about the grading. You should have full control over what ther grade for each question is on the Edit quiz page.

The only alternative I can think of is to have one essay question with a big answer box, and use the 'Response template' feature so that the box starts with 4 headings, and a space to write a paragraph under each one.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Multi Part Essay

by Richard Egan -
Hi Tim, thanks for the speedy response.

The only thing I mean about the grading was that it would be 1 in total for the question (i.e. instead of 0.34, 0.33, 0.33 for a 3 part question).

I set it up as you said as 4 essay questions however I have put a question in the General forum about removing/hiding the question box above each question.

Thanks, Richard