Manual entry of skills verification

Manual entry of skills verification

by Christopher Johnson -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Folks,

I am looking for your suggestions... I have a class that has an online H5P lesson and an online multiple choice quiz.  There is also a physical (traditional/face to face) skills lab that students must participate in.  There is a certificate of completion that the students can download, which is currently restricted by completion of the online lesson and passing the quiz.  I need to find a way to also restrict the certificate download until the instructor has manually entered a "skills verification", confirming that the student has demonstrated competency in all the outcomes.  I believe we are using V3.5.

So, I had a couple ideas to create this... First, I thought I might be able to use an attendance roster almost like a skills checklist.  My idea was to enter the competencies as class dates, the roster would obviously populate from the enrolled students, and the instructor could just mark everyone as "present" (or whatever I reassigned the title to be).  I played with this a little, but it seemed to be linking to the course calendar and causing other issues.

Next, I tried creating an assignment that requires nothing more than opening and clicking submit, so the instructor can manually enter a grade.  This also didn't seem to function the way I was hoping, so now I have created a one question multiple choice quiz with one answer, where students can basically just click the box to attest they participated in the skills lab.  This option, however, seems to auto correct, and I need it to be manually graded by the instructor.

Have you created something that addresses a similar issue? Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Johnson
New Hampshire Fire Academy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Johnson

Re: Manual entry of skills verification

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Christopher,

Before retiring from teaching, I used the Checklist plugin by Davo Smith. It can be set for the student to check of items, the teacher to check off items, or set for both of them to do so.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)