Single sign-in and logging out

Single sign-in and logging out

by barbara nance -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

I have Moodle 3.8.1 and Adaptable theme 2.2.2

Our IT department has just added a single sign-in system for Moodle/LDAP.

Problem is that when students try and signout - off moodle they don't signoff. 

IT Have advised that this because the signoff function of Moodle takes them back to the login page which automatically logs them back in. So I need to have a different to be able to modify the logout function to take me to a different page. I can make the usual changes to the admin side of Moodle and themes but not the coding. IS there n obvious link I am missing - having taken a look and ditto at the other forums , or is this a coding issue - in which case could you advise what needs to be done so I can tell IT

Many thanks

Barbara

Average of ratings: -
In reply to barbara nance

Re: Single sign-in and logging out

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Barbara,

I'm not sure if this will be of any help but...do you mean you are using LDAP for authentication? So, students go to your Moodle site and when they login the site is actually verifying their account, password, etc. via LDAP from an external source?

Have you checked the "Alternate login URL" setting in the "Manage Authentication" page? I've not personally experienced the issue you are having so this is just an initial guess.

Regards

Jason
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by barbara nance -

Hi Many thanks

Unfortunately, this will not work, its really about having a different URL that the users are directed to when logging out so they do not end up in a cycle of being logged in.

Cheers

Barbara

by barbara nance -
Hi Folks
I am hoping someone has an answer here for me. It may be so obvious, sorry if that is the case.
Cheers
Barbara

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In reply to Jon Bolton

by barbara nance -
Hi Jon
Many thanks, I am not sure if this will work as they have to use login using LDAP authentication. But will email the developers and ask the question if this works in conjunction with that. Looking at their screenshot it does not look like it will but I am not a coding expert at all.
Many thanks

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Yes it will. It works in conjunction with other methods rather than replacing them. And you can configure to only redirect on logout.