"Self Enroll" hangs Moodle Site

"Self Enroll" hangs Moodle Site

by Shibin Dinesh -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

Theme: Adaptable

Moodle Version: 3.8+

Issue: Whenever a user tries to enroll in a course by clicking the "Enroll Me" button for a course that allows self-enrollment, the site gets stuck. Clicking on the home button or any other button doesn't have any impact. Even if you close the tab and try to access the site URL again, it won't load either. 

The issue will go away once the cache is cleared (just clearing cookie is enough for the issue to go away). After clearing the cookie and you login again, the user would have already got enrolled in the course to which the button was clicked.

So, basically when the user clicks on "Enroll Me", enrollment is happening at the backend, but no response is received at the front end and hangs the entire system. Have tried "inspect element" within the browser and no response is shown when the "Enroll" button is pressed.

I have courses that have manual enrollment, self-enrollment, and guest access. Manual enrollment and guest access work perfectly fine and  I have tested it.  

Please share your insights on how this can be resolved, I strongly feel this has something to do with the cookie, but I have no idea how to deal with it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shibin Dinesh

Re: "Self Enroll" hangs Moodle Site

by Shibin Dinesh -

Here is some additional information.

I let the system "take as much time" needed after clicking the button and after 25 minutes, the user was successfully enrolled in the course!!! I am attaching a couple of network screenshots that I took which shows that the index.php file is the one which took that long to load.  Again, I do not have a solution on how to resolve this.