Useful look and learn and my return.

Useful look and learn and my return.

by Julian Ridden -
Number of replies: 9

Thanks for this post Mary. 

I was looking for a "one stop shop" as I re-skill to start making new themes again and this was perfect!

JR

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Julian Ridden

Re: LOOK & LEARN. - Tips-n-Tricks

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Julian, Essential II is on the way then? wink
In reply to Usman Asar

by Julian Ridden -
Give me time, but yup, would love to see if I can get Essential going again. But, a lot has changed in the last 5 years. So much I have to re-learn and un-learn!

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You have all the time, get comfortable, welcome back!
please revive Elegance too, I couldn't get myself out of the themes you initially built, though Gareth and Bas did pretty good job maintaining them.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What??? You are back in the Moodle world? A new Ridden theme? Can't wait to see what you come up with!
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Julian Ridden -
Well, now that I am out of Canvas I can finally start playing with Moodle again. Great to see so many familiar faces still here.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Very cool. You should take a look at the Fordson theme - that is one of the new ones that takes advantage of and builds on the new features in Moodle.

by Richard Wallace -
Julian
Hey what a blast from the past, look forward to seeing anything you do in Moodle, awesome.
Cheers Richard

Re: Useful look and learn and my return.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Welcome back Julian,

I've split your reply (with the replies) from Mary's Look and learn because it is going off topic! However needs to be kept, so a better title.

If you look at most of the themes here, you'll see that quite a few have my code in them that I've developed over the years in Essential and my other themes to add functionality. I hope you'll understand why I stopped Essential development. Sometimes you can only refactor and improve so much before you need to start again. Hence my Foundation theme.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Re: Useful look and learn and my return.

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Welcome back! I loved your themes. In fact, that in-between time of you leaving and your themes in limbo is what nudged us to build our own theme. We were using essential. I don't know if Gareth had started developing on it or not, but by the time we learned the theme was going to continue on we had already built our first theme.

I always loved the styling of your themes. They were light years ahead of any of the official themes.
Between your style and Gareth's coding genius you two should build the next official theme!!!

Chris