BBB Unable to connect to default URL for or a BigBlueButton server

BBB Unable to connect to default URL for or a BigBlueButton server

by Risto Chavdarov -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

I have just installed BigBlueButtonBN plugin version  2.3.1, on Moodle 3.8.1+ (Build: 20200124), and it is with the default configuration (default URL and default salt).
When I go to the courses and try to add BigBlueButtonBN as an activity or resource I got this error:

"Unable to connect. Please check the url of the BigBlueButton server AND check to see if the BigBlueButton server is running."

The Moodle server can communicate with the BigBlueButton server
When I am running ```wget -qO- http://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/bigbluebutton/api```
I am getting the correct response

My moodle serevee spec 
Server version: Apache/2.4.37
PHP 7.3.13

Any help?

Regards
Risto

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Risto Chavdarov

Re: BBB Unable to connect to default URL for or a BigBlueButton server

by Risto Chavdarov -
I find the solution.

The problem was with Selinux, so one option was to disable it, and another one was to add extra permission.
In reply to Risto Chavdarov

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Nice that you found a solution smile

Could you please explain it with details ; that could be helpful for other people.

Regards,
Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers
Selinux is a kernel security module for Linux that implements ACL. Something like a firewall, so if outgoing requests are bloqued, Moodle won;t be able to access BBB. If inbound requests are blocked, BBB won't be able to send notifications when recordings are ready or pull the pre-uploaded presentation.

So, for a full implementation, both servers have to be able to talk to each other.

Cheers,
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Risto Chavdarov -
so there were two solutions to my problem:
1. The more easy one just disable the SELinux
Open the /etc/selinux/config file and set the SELINUX mod to disabled

2. update the SELinux policy to allow HTTP scripts and modules to initiate a connection to a network or remote port.
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect on
Average of ratings: Useful (1)