Skype block doesn´t appear on the administration section.

Skype block doesn´t appear on the administration section.

by Monico Briseño -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Testers
Hi all, I unzipped the skpe block under block directory. I did everything that README.txt "said". When I go back to the block administration, but the skype option doesn't appear.

Any ideas?

TIA

Monico

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monico Briseño

Re: Skype block doesn´t appear on the administration section.

by Matt Crosslin -
Hello,

Well, the first thing to check is your path to block.  It should look like this:

/blocks/skype/skype_block.php

Just becasue sometimes Zip programs sometimes throw in odd folders when unzipping.  You may have already done that, but I threw it in just in case.

Also, how did you get to the Blocks Administration?  I think you have to just go to the main admin page first, where it should install the Skype Block.  Blocks won't appear in the list until they are installed, of course.  So I guess the question is, did you get the statement that said the Block was installed yet?
In reply to Matt Crosslin

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Matt. Thank you for your help. Today, I can see the skype block on the Moodle adminstration page. However, when I tried to include on the moodle course, the skype block appears like the following image.

BTY, I installed the latest skype block version.

What I did wrong ?

TIA

In reply to Monico Briseño

by Matt Crosslin -
Well, there are two things by default that would cause the block not to print anything (like the picture you have).  One, if there are no teachers assigned to a course, the script will just die (not do anything).  Two, if the teacher has no Skype ID in their profile, the same thing will happen.  You might have already checked that, but I just wanted to cover the basics.

Also, on my version of Moodle, the "+" sign at the right means that the block is collapsed.  If I click on that, it turns in to a "-" and I can see the block.  I don't know why Skype block comes collapsed by default, but that may be the problem, too.