Edit Calculation option missing in Gradebook setup

Edit Calculation option missing in Gradebook setup

by Terry Aulenbach -
Number of replies: 14

v3.5.7

We have a live and a dev server. On our dev server this works as expected. However, on our live server, the "Edit calculation" option does not show up. I have searched the forums with no luck. The only post that cam close mentioned the "Show calculations" setting in the Grader report settings under Site Administration. It was on as expected (this feature had been working on this installation before). I even toggled it off, cleared all the caches, and toggled it back on. No love.

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing when it stopped working. And it's very strange that it still works on our dev server, as they should be essentially the same installs. Is there some other setting I'm not aware of? I just don't know what else to look at.

Help?

Attachment dev.png
Attachment live.png
In reply to Terry Aulenbach

Re: Edit Calculation option missing in Gradebook setup

by Philipp Pavelka -

Did you happen to find a solution?

For some users of our site the option is visible and for others not, even though they have the same role. 

In reply to Philipp Pavelka

by Terry Aulenbach -
Nope. No idea what's going on. And I also noticed that some courses show the calculator while others don't. I'm hoping when we upgrade to 3.8x the problem will go away.

by Sandra Maria -

Hello! All right?

I'm also experiencing the same problem and I couldn't find a solution. sad

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you checked your css? Is it possible that a css change hid the link?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sandra Maria -
Hi, Emma!

The strangest thing in my case is this problem only happens with the administrator user. The other users who are as administrators can see the option to edit calculation.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Terry Aulenbach -
There's nothing in our additional CSS that relates to that option. Also, if it were CSS, I'm not sure how it could randomly hide or show the calculator option.

by Leslie Harris -
I'm curious if anyone ever resolved this, since we have the same problem under Moodle 3.8.3.

One faculty member cannot see that "Edit calculation" link in his courses. However, when I enroll someone else in the same exact course with "Faculty" status, that user *can* see "Edit calculation".

The faculty member has "Faculty" status in the course.

As a test, I even gave him "System Administrator" rights, but when I logged in as him, I still couldn't see "Edit calculation" in the Gradebook setup screen for an item that was added to the Gradebook manually.

I am stumped.
In reply to Leslie Harris

by Luca Bösch -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Same here, on a Moodle 3.9.3.
Maybe it helps to mention it is a user with a very low user ID. So he's been in our Moodle since loooong time ago (We've done quite some upgrades over the time).
Anyone?

by Martin Chas -

I have the same problem in Moodle 3.8.1...

I temporarily "solved" it by accessing by url. The same URL to edit item changing "item" for "calculation"

For example,

Edit item url: 

moodledomain.com/grade/edit/tree/item.php?courseid=4&id=47&gpr_type=edit&gpr_plugin=tree&gpr_courseid=4

Edit calculation:

moodledomain.com/grade/edit/tree/calculation.php?courseid=4&id=47&gpr_type=edit&gpr_plugin=tree&gpr_courseid=4

by JF Dragon -

Are you sure that the permission is well set on a system level?

I experienced the same issue and I went in the site admin settings and find that the Grader Report permission for "grade_report_showcalculations" was not check. I enabled it and voilà... the "show calculation" button is back.

In reply to JF Dragon

by Leslie Harris -

That "Show calculations" setting is set to "Yes" on our system.

The problem is that "Edit calculation" shows up for some users with "faculty" status in the course but *not* for another user with the same "faculty" status in the same course.

Leslie

by Cosmin Chiriac -

Hey,

I just had the same issue and I was able to make the calculations option appear.

In the case of some of my courses the Show calculations options was off but in the case of others it was on and the edit calculation option was still not available.

If the first case applies to you, turn it on and save the changes. If the second case applies to you, turn it off, save the changes, then turn it back on and save again.

To find this option, follow the steps in the attached image.

Best regards.

Attachment calculation.jpg