could not connect the server. if you submit this page now, your changes may be lost

could not connect the server. if you submit this page now, your changes may be lost

by mohamed elewa -
Number of replies: 4
update every text editor this massage will appear "could not connect the server. if you submit this page now, your changes may be lost"

Dear all,

I used Moodle 3.4.9 (Build: 20190513) on bitnami web server php,mysql , when i try to editing front page setting this massage appear and no changes will happen, if i try to edit the broswer appear no connection and no any thing happen please help

the massage is

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mohamed elewa

Re: could not connect the server. if you submit this page now, your changes may be lost

by Rachel Sherwin -

I'm getting exactly the same message. I've tried closing all browsers, tried Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Logged in and out multiple time, and checked Cookies.

I find that problem as come and gone for the past 3 weeks. It will work one day, but not another.

Have you had any success figuring out a solution, Mohamed?

In reply to Rachel Sherwin

Re: could not connect the server. if you submit this page now, your changes may be lost

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Can you give us more details about the environment Rachel? What Moodle version is this?

The Atto editor makes an AJAX request to the Moodle server every minute (by default) when the contents have changed. The "Could not connect to the server…" message appears if the web server responds to this request with an error. To solve this we need to find out about the error the web server encounters.

The web server should record errors in the error log so you'll need to locate this. Then, when the message appears in the browser, note the time and check the error log to see if there's a matching entry.

You may need to change Debug messages to "DEVELOPER" (under Site administrationDevelopmentDebugging) to get a useful message in the log. You should change this back to "NONE" when testing is complete.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Leon Stringer

by Dennis Felix -
Hi, we are having the same issues on Moodle 3.9.1+ (Build: 20200723). Nothing useful in the logs so far.
In reply to Rachel Sherwin

by mohamed elewa -
Dear Rachel i was solved this problem by IBS firewall which block code editting, when i stop this firewall all think were be right working