H5P and Amazon S3 Bucket - Streaming Issue

H5P and Amazon S3 Bucket - Streaming Issue

by Adnan shakir -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Everyone, 

We recently connected our Amazon S3 bucket to our Moodle site so that students can browse video through Amazon S3 instead of Moodle's own directory. However, even after the integration and generating the link via S3, H5P still creates a listing within Moodle's directory when played. Please let us know how can we make H5P stream videos through the S3 bucket. 

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Adnan Shakir

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adnan shakir

Re: H5P and Amazon S3 Bucket - Streaming Issue

by Stuart Mealor -
I'm a bit confused by this.
Are you using S3 to host movies, and link to them from Moodle?
Or are you trying to access H5P .h5p content?
These are two very different things.
Also, are you using Moodle 3.8 (with basic H5P support) or using the H5P plugin?
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Adnan shakir -
Hi Stuart,

We are using S3 to host videos and then pulling them into Moodle via the H5P plugin. However, the video is pulled into the Moodle's directory and then is streamed from there, thus increasing server costs rather than streaming from S3. Is there any way we can have the videos stream from S3 directly?

Regards,
Adnan
In reply to Adnan shakir

by Stuart Mealor -
I'm still a little confused by the description here sorry.
By videos do you mean H5P Interactive Video objects ?
AWS S3 is just a container / repository, so works like any other repository in Moodle really.
You didn't specify if you are using Moodle 3.8 (with basic H5P support) or using the Moodle plugin from H5P anyway ?
However, as far as I know, H5P content can either be a) uploaded to your course (which you could do once you have them in S3 and showing in Moodle file system), or b) linked to directly - e.g. as you would do to content on H5P.org, or more correctly H5P.com.