Problem with BOOST theme SCSS

Problem with BOOST theme SCSS

by Nguyễn Văn Luyến -
Number of replies: 6

Hello!

After editing SCSS for BOOST theme in Moodle 3.8.1+, I could not login following the link https://mydomain.com/login/index.php. I guess there must have been something wrong with my SCSS. What should I do to return to my admin area to modify SCSS again?

Please help.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nguyễn Văn Luyến

Re: Problem with BOOST theme SCSS

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Did you add the SCSS via the user interface with the Boost settings? If so then open up the database, find the 'config_plugins' table and then find the entry for the setting you added the SCSS to, clear it and save the data back to the database. Then do a command line (cli) purge all caches.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Nguyễn Văn Luyến -

Hello!

Can you show me in detail? Sorry, I'm a newbie sad

I accessed the database in phpmyadmin and found the 'config_plugins' table but did not know what to do next sad

Thanks.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Find the 'scss' type 'name' in the config_plugins table and see if the 'value' is the SCSS you added.  Then empty that attribute for that record.  Then: https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Administration_via_command_line#Purge_caches - you may need to ssh into your host to do this.

by Nguyễn Văn Luyến -

What a pity, I do not have the right to access host via ssh sad

by Gareth J Barnard -
Ok, if you have file and folder access to your 'Moodle Data' (not the code) folder then delete the contents within the 'localcache' folder instead of purge all caches.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Nguyễn Văn Luyến -

Thank you so much for your help. I can do it now.

Hope to get more help from you in the future smile 'cause I'm a newbie.