UX /UI Design Improvements

Re: UX /UI Design Improvements

by ahssan moshref -
Number of replies: 0
Yes X means close or cancel. And it is commonly used with a lightbox type of effect.
The concept is entering and exiting a book or opening and closing a book. In this context, we are closing/exiting a book.
Although I have to admit, having the x on the bottom of the page is not common practice and takes getting used to. But since arrow up is used for smooth scroll up, a new icon was needed for exit of the book.)

I am not sure if double arrow can be interpreted easily with the function.

I guess alternatively, moodle does allow the next and back arrow to be completely hidden. So in that case user would only use the table of content.
And with the sticky table of content, user will maintain view of navigation at all time. In that case a "back arrow on top of the page" would suffice. But that would call of addition of a new button.

I have so far only tested this with a dozen different users at different times ( learner, educators, Instructional Designers). Pulled them into a side conversation and demoed the course to get a general feedback. The feedback on the navigation was that it was better, cleaner, easier to recognize. They agreed that top navigation was not needed ( "overkill") . So a consistent message. But, I did not collect proper feedback on how they interpret the "X" for "Exit book".

Do you think Moodle would consider giving users the option of having just one next and back on the bottom ( so no top navigation) ?
Also the horizontal line on the bottom to separate navigation from content?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)